RBC GranFondo Whistler & Clif Bar Contest Official Rules NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. SPONSOR: Clif Bar
2. ELIGIBILITY: RBC GranFondo Whistler & Clif Bar Contest (Sweepstakes) is open to legal residents of any area within Canada (19) years or over. Employees of Promoter, their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organization, are ineligible to enter or win.
By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final on all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
3. HOW TO ENTER: The competition will begin at 00:01 PT on 5/28/2020, and will end at 23:59 PT on 6/04/2020 or when all entries are won, whichever comes later. After this time no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
Limit one (1) initial entry per person per day, using only one (1) email address. Entries received from any person or Spotify account in excess of the stated daily limitation will be void. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Sweepstakes. If you choose to tweet, post or share photographs or comments through Twitter or Facebook using your mobile phone, standard data rates may apply. See your wireless service provider for pricing plan details and capabilities.
4. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Entries may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that: is sexually explicit or suggestive; violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity; promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message; is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group; defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies; contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission; contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission; contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission; contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead; communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate; and/or violates any law. Entries must be the original work of the entrant, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If an entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the entry. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render entry null and void.
5. WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be chosen in a random process from all eligible entries received. Odds of winning are 3.33%. The potential winner will be notified instantly, and must formally accept receipt upon contact by a member of the sponsor staff, no less than 14 days after the contest ends. The potential winner must provide proof of residence and age within 48 hours of initial contact, and may also be required to return an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release. If the winner cannot be contacted, is not in compliance with these Official Rules, or does not claim the prize and provide all requested documents within 14 days of notification, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate winner. The prize will be delivered by email to the verified prize winner. By entering the contest, the entrant agrees to receive email communication from RBC GranFondo Whistler.
6. PRIZE: Ten (10) winners will receive a prize pack from Clif Bar containing one box of Clif Bar product and one box of Clif Shot Bloks product. The approximate retail value (ARV) of the prize is $40. Prizes are awarded as is; with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute any prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including transportation, meals, souvenirs, etc. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified thereon. Winner and guests must comply with all venue and festival rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Twitter, Facebook, Spotify and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and partners and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, Released Parties) from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded prize, including any travel/activity related thereto; and (c) to the use of his/her name, voice, performance, photograph/video, prize information, image and/or likeness for programming, advertising, publicity, trade and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Sponsor and its designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from entrant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so.
By entering, entrant also agrees not to release any publicity or other materials on their own or through someone else regarding their participation in the Sweepstakes without the prior consent of the Sponsor, which either may withhold in its sole discretion. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled entries, tweets, comments; incorrect, changed or non-functioning Facebook or Twitter accounts; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or tweets, and/or updates, the announcement of the prize and winner, or in any other Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries/tweets/ will be void.
Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same Spotify account, the authorized subscriber of the Spotify account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned to the applicable account by Twitter. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or amend the Sweepstakes and these Official Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Entrants will be notified of any changes to the Sweesptakes as soon as possible by Sponsor. Sponsor shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these Official Rules, and such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to the www.sfoutsidelands.com website.
8. ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
9. CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the state of British Columbia.
10. WINNER’S NAME: The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify or any other social network. You are providing your information RBC GranFondo Whistler and not to any other party. The information provided will be used to administer this competition and will not be shared with any other party outside of RBC GranFondo Whistler except for the fulfilment of prize coordination and delivery by Clif Bar.
Oops! Looks like your browser needs to accept our cookie before entering. Please click here to accept cookies and enter the contest.